Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The corgi

Today I ran into my dog walking buddy, Erick, who has a corgi named Rudy. He told me that on Wikipedia he had found some interesting things about the breed. So I looked and this is what I found:

Welsh folklore says the corgi is the preferred mount of fairy warriors. There is also a folk legend that says corgis were a gift from the woodland fairies, and that the breed's markings were left on its coat by fairy harnesses and saddles.....They specialize in herding cattle, corgis are also used to herd sheep and Welsh ponies. They are also one of the few breeds able to herd geese.

Welsh corgis also guard children.

3 comments:

K2 said...

I'm not surprised by the fairies at all.

Kamala! said...

I think Nicky and Laura are fairy warriors.

bren said...

Maybe I should get a Corgi to guard me in my old age.