Tuesday, October 18, 2011

College Update

So it's been awhile since I have posted. I will deprive you no longer of my sharp wit and biting sarcasm. I can't remember what I posted last time so if I repeat myself, deal with it. Five days ago changed from a girl into a woman, well legally anyway. My birthday this year would have been totally awesome. It was on a Friday, it was nice out and I was turning 18. However, I spent my birthday going to class, studying for my calc midterm, that evening and chem midterm, Saturday morning, and oh yeah I was sick. So all in all not a great birthday. Mom and Susi came up Saturday evening and took me to dinner and then we watched a movie on demand at the hotel, which is when disaster struck, well for me anyway. I first became sick on the Tuesday after Canadian Thanksgiving. It was mostly a horribly sore throat and a little sniffling. When I woke up Sunday morning I couldn't breathe through my nose, my voice was pretty much gone and I had a fever. It was also hard to hear. We had planned on spending the day wondering Ikea and then going to see Johnny English. We did go to Ikea, but not for very long and we never made it to the movie. I was told to eat soup and go to bed. I have been pretty much been napping between every class since then. I also skipped a class for the first time. It was Italian. I had a pretty bad day yesterday and I would rather not relive it, so if you are really dying to know ask mom, I told her.
Ok I am tired of talking about depressing things so lets move on to a new topic. This would be a lot easier if this was like a live feed or something so I could answer questions or talk about something you want to hear about. It usually takes me an hour to write one of these things because I never know what to write about next.
Anyway I have decided what to write. Lets play a game. I'll call it True or False: Canadian version. You can call it what ever you want. Now try and answer these before looking at the answer which will be directly following the statement. I am too lazy to try and hide the answers. Actually I'll put the answers in the comments.
1) Canadians say "eh?" after pretty much everything.
2) Canadians pronouncing out and about making the o sound into an Oo sound is a myth.
3)Canadians consume more macoroni and cheese than any other nation on earth.
4)Mail is delivered on Saturdays.
5)Their motto is " Be Bold".
6)Canada's national animal is the beaver.
OK that's enough. I must do laundry now. I hope you enjoyed this post. Feel free to comment on how lovely it was. If you didn't like it, well then you can comment too, but I am so deleting you as my friend on facebook.
I'll leave you with a quote.
"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life."
PS That is not from a movie.

12 comments:

Jo rocks said...

1) true 2) true 3) true 4) false 5) false 6) true

Jo rocks said...

sorry 2) false

Kamala! said...

Thank you for posting, dear Jo. Glad you are feeling a little better. There's nothing worse than being sick with no loved ones around. Actually there are probs a lot of things worse than that, but hopefully not for you.

Brenda said...

I liked your post, Jo. You have great wit.

elm said...

I laughed out loud, and missed several questions.

K2 said...

Those double negatives are tricky.

Sara said...

Jo it was lovely. Hope you are all better soon.

GMS said...

Your blogs are such fun JO.

Popop said...

Thanks, Jo. You certainly cheer up our lives (even when you are not being cheerful yourself).

Jo rocks said...

OK so I just read my post. I'd like you all to know that I am no longer that sick and everything has gotten better since then.

Sarah I. said...

Hi Jo,

On a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TOPIC:

I heard you and your Mom were going to England this summer to visit Hannah....

I don't have your Mom's e-mail so I think this may be a good forum to say that there is an awesome article in this month's National Geographic about a buried treasure unearthed in an English farmer's field by a fat man with a gieger counter.

The article gives a really good overview (without boring details) of the history of the conquests of England. With, of course, great photos.

Anyways, sounds like your plate if very full right now, but Kalyani, the magazine is a must buy for you! (Hopefully you'll see this comment.) Definately made me want to go exploring Northern England. Mmmmm....

K2 said...

Thanks, Sarah, I'll look.