Sunday, August 24, 2014

So, in addition to my IT research job (which basically entails searching the web for internal IT projects at companies I'm assigned and briefly summarizing them), I've written some freelance stuff. This is the most fun thing I've worked on. I'd written this and the guy liked it so much, he started a whole blog based on my post! I write every entry (and find all the pictures) and best of all, I get to pick the movies I write about. Well, best of all I get paid (a little bit). I'll be updating the blog once a week.

I also bought elizacalvin.com where I list stuff I've written so potential clients can see it with ease. I want to build a nice portfolio and hopefully attract more prominent jobs.

Anyway, here are some photos from the Lake:









4 comments:

elm said...

I am thrilled, delighted and happy that you posted on ourblog!!

Good luck with your Eliza.com.

elm said...

elizacalvin.com looks good. I like the picture, the layout is simple and professional.

elm said...

oh, and I the Sui m&m is good. Actually, it took awhile to figure out what it was.

K2 said...

I think the fashion/film blog is a terrific idea. I was wondering how you came up with the Picnic one. Since, obviously, it was your own idea, did you just write it, or was it in response to some specific assignment? How does writing for the internet work? Is it mostly freelance, or do people get regular, full-time jobs at, say Buzzfeed?