Tuesday, February 10, 2015

College Update

    Hi all, I know its been awhile and to be honest I can't remember the last time I posted or what I posted, so bare with. For those of you who don't know or remember, I am currently taking mammalian physiology, equine physiology, beef cattle nutrition, animal metabolism and wildlife nutrition. I actually like them all. Especially animal metabolism and equine physiology. Yesterday I had a midterm in beef cattle nutrition. It was a very long exam. Lots of writing. It wouldn't have been so bad, but we were in the room down the hall from the meat lab and well there was meat in there. It did not smell good, in fact it smelled very very bad. I got used to it though and managed to focus. I really like my equine prof. She really likes horses. And she owns some. Apparently she owns more horses than her husband knows about. I guess she told him they were borders. I like physiology in general, but I also really enjoy her teaching style. She also doesn't believe in making us memorize things for exams. All our quizzes are online along with our final exam. There is a paper too, but its a group paper. Our group is discussing whether or not it is necessary for horses to wear blankets in the winter or if they have a sufficient coat. That class takes place in the architecture building, but it has got to have the worst layout ever. Not to mention, they don't open the doors until 8:15 am and we have class at 8:30am. So if you get there too early you'll just have to freeze. Which brings me to my next topic of discussion. Weather.
    Right now the weather isn't so bad. It has been -10 to -15 celsius, which isn't all that bad. Early in the semester, however, it was so cold my hair would literally freeze when I stepped outside. And no my hair was not wet. My classes aren't nearby either. It's like a good 15 min walk to my class in the morning, when it's coldest. I stop in buildings along the way to give my self  quick break from the cold. The worst is when it's windy, makes it hard to breathe sometimes.
     I have successfully broken my Starbucks habit. I haven't had any since before Christmas. I will occasionally buy myself a cookie, but not often because they're not very good.
    Next week is my spring break. Well, winter break really. I'm looking forward to it. I could use a break. If not from school then from parties happening in the first year residence outside my window. I think their favorite time to party is during exams. I also need to do laundry, don't let me forget. I also need to buy more conditioner. Don't let me forget that either, because they sell my stuff in Canada.
    Also when is the Oscars? Is someone working on a list? I'm not offering, just curious. I have my picks thought out. I intend to do moderately well this year.
    I'm running out of steam, so I will leave you with an urban myth form my calendar.

Dr. Seuss wrote the Children's classic Green Eggs and Ham after his editor bet him that he couldn't write a book using fewer than 50 different words. Myth or Fact?

PS I'm not proofing this, so if I made a mistake, like, whatever.

3 comments:

Sara said...

dear Jo, so good to hear from you. Hope all your exams went well.

Popop said...

Jo: As usual, your reports are funny and interesting. Keep it up.

Jo rocks said...

Fun fact: it is currently -18F out right now.