Wednesday, June 22, 2016

CASTING CALL

-->
A Midsummer Night’s Dream

            The YLTS (YLST? I can’t remember what it stands for) is returning from hiatus for the 2016 Summer season! I think 8/7 or 8/8 will work- let me know if there’s a preference or problem (I know- alack!- that Susi will be away, though she might consider appearing pre-recorded on an iPad). Once we cast it, I’ll adapt the play to fit and send it out before July. This gives everyone a month to get their lines down, so the play will be ready after just a day or two of rehearsals.

Let me know (in comments):
1) if you’re interested in a role;
2) HOW interested you are on a scale of 1-5:
            1= I will dress up like a fairy and dance around
            2= I can do maybe 10 lines
            3= 20-40 lines, no problem
            4= Give me 60-80 lines!
            5= I will do the unedited play as a 1 person show
3) What roles you might be interested in:
            The lovers (Hermia & Lysander, Helena & Demetrius) all have 30-80 lines  
            Oberon (5,486 lines) has been dibsed by Hannah
            Titania (less than 20)<20 lines="" p="">
            Puck (anywhere from 5-60 lines, maybe Nicky?)
            Bottom (30-50)
            Other mechanicals (Quince, Flute, Snout)(maybe some of my generation?)
We’ll do some doubling for the minor roles.

7 comments:

EPC said...

I'm happy to reprise Titania

Kamala! said...

I volunteer for to be a mechanical.

Jo rocks said...

I would like to play all the lovers.

Jo rocks said...

Or just one.

K2 said...

Someone should watch. I'll do that except I can be the wall at the end.

Hannah said...

I will play a Level 1 Oberon.

K2 said...

Also, I will make a donkey head.