Saturday, July 2, 2016

Gdansk

We are in Gdansk. I really loved Kraków. One of the best museums I've ever seen is their archaeological museum. It's under the main market square. It's the remains of the 15th century market. Also, the trumpeter was lovely. And the cathedral. And the concert we went to was fantastic.

Gdansk is nice, but more touristy. Yesterday we drove up to the spot on the coast where Ewa used to spend summers. The Baltic wasn't all that cold, and I wished I had brought brought my swimsuit.

We went to Auschwitz and Birkenau.

We stayed a night in Lodz, where Ewa grew up. It reminded me of Rochester, but more Soviet. We visited the home of an industrialist that had been turned into a museum. Our hotel was very, very chic. It was in he industrialist's factory. Now we are going to see the Solidarity museum.

I have put some pictures on Flickr.

No comments: