Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Snow

I've been asked to describe how the snow affects my life here at Cornell (So I will). Being from Rochester, I get to tell all of my friends that I am going to enjoy a mild winter. This is true. So far, I haven't seen anything too harsh. The only thing that really affects me is the ice on the hills. It makes walking up hills very difficult because I don't actually have any boots with me. Going down hills, however, is very exciting. On the way back from the last hockey game (vs UMASS which ended in a 0-0 tie; our goaltender had 45 saves) we slid the whole way to the dorms. That was a lot of fun. I can't find my gloves, either. I probably should ask for some new, nice ones for Christmas *cough.*

Also, if anybody would like to teach my to speak Russian before Saturday morning, I'd really appreciate it. All I know how to say is хорошо and ничиво, neither of which I know the meaning of.

It's dinner time, so I have to go.

11 comments:

elm said...

Thanks Noah, so there is no snow? We had 9" at airport, so I was thinking you would have had it also.

Since Popop passed the Russian exam when studing for his EE degree, I make sure he sees you plea.

Gloves, huh? Nice gloves, hmmm?

elg

elm said...

Well, I should proof read my comments! elg again.

Kamala! said...

You had 9 inches?! Cynthia is doing great after her knee replacement-sounds good, looks good, already talking about the second one!

Kamala! said...

Also-I took Russian in college for one semester. It was at 8 am and the first day, the professor told us he would not grade on attendance. Guess how many times I went? The winner will win a copy of Anna Karenina. In case of a tie, no one wins.

elm said...

My guess is twice, counting the first class and the final exam. I do not want to read Anna Karenina again. And I hope Noah does not read this about your not going to class! What was your grade?

suzanne said...

ela, I was recently thinking of the beautiful blue leather gloves you gave me when I lived in NYC...

elm said...

Suz, is ela me? Thanks for thinking of them, me, if that is the case. ela

K2 said...

I'm guessing 4: Two exams, a final, and the first day.

K2 said...

Can I have War and Peace instead?

Kamala! said...

You are both wrong. I tried to hit it once a week or so-got an A. HA!

Sara said...

you just might get more gloves that you need. Then again one can’t have too many as they get lost all the time. My father has a pair for each one of his coats.