Tuesday, February 21, 2012

This happened yesterday.

I had actually grabbed my camera, but, put it down in favor of the stick.
The chickens were out, some in back some in
front. I heard dogs barking, howling. Really loud. I went out on
deck. they were just across the pond in the woods, chasing, a coyote.
Two hound dogs. At first I thought they were wild, and I was really
worried. Grabbed a stick. The coyote came down onto the pond, the
dogs around it, the coyote was injured. It went back up onto the
ground, then they came across our yard. Under the Norway spruce. A
pick up drove into the drive, I was still outside with my stick. I
had persuaded 5 chickens inside, but could not get the others in. I
even had a fist full of grapes, no deal. Two guys in the truck asked
if they could kill the coyote. I said yes, it took just one shot.
The dogs stopped howling immediately. They came over and thanked me.
They had been chasing the coyote from the other side of our 'block,
they figured about 10 miles. I asked if they were taking the coyote,
they said yes. They all quietly left. I have calmed down. I was
scared for awhile.

I walked back and saw that they shot the coyote on Kalyani's driveway.

4 comments:

Kamala! said...

Wow-must have been intense! Had a nice trip to San Juan although it was very crowded-the beach reminded me of the Jersey Shore, but my room was really nice and I had some good food and saw a wonderful flamenco dancer.

Twinsey1 said...

Yikes! Are all your chickens accounted for?

Brenda said...

It must have been a pleasant trip to San Juan, Kamala.
I'm glad the chickens are safe, Jan.

EPC said...

ahhh that's scary! how big was the coyote? i'm glad the chickens are all rgiht.