Sunday, January 27, 2013

report sent to D & C

            I was the victim of a scam.  Someone pretending to be my grandson phoned me to say he was in jail because he was caught in the company of some others who had drugs in their possession.  He asked for $3600 to post bail.  Someone posing as a police officer came on the phone and told me that the money had to be sent to an address outside the U. S. so as to keep my grandson's arrest off the records and gave me detailed instructions for sending the money.  Being a protective and caring grandmother, I fell for it and sent the money to a place in South America by "moneygram".   Fortunately, my husband and I soon realized it was a scam.  We went to the moneygram center and the money had not yet left their central office and we got the money back.  We were lucky.  If we had waited another hour or so, we would have lost the money. I hope this alerts all the grandparents to be careful.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Let us know if thy publish it.