Monday, March 2, 2015

From Agrigenta

Bus ride from Trapani was beautiful

Almond Trees
about 3 hours.  Arriving in a new town is always so confusing.  Agrigenta is built on a steep hill.  The streets are narrow and winding.  We took a cab!! Our B &B  is beautiful.  The owner's Great gramdfater built it.  Marble floors,  you would like that Barbara, elegant drapesy , old photographs tastefully framed.  A grand piano with piles of music, Beethoven, Bach, Chopin.  The breakfast will be served on the roof top, with views over the town and   sea.  . Good dinner last night,  Sherrill and I had squid, open like a steak.  It was good, but chewy.

We visited the Valley of the Temples yesterday afternoon.  B.C. 650  Amazing.  Today we are going to Saracusa- by taxi!  Yesterday's driver made us an offer we did not refuse.  Hotel to hotel!
Eggs, 4 of them!  I am guessing that spring has come and they are out eating worms.  Love to you all.

5 comments:

Sara said...

Thanks for the photos. Glad your trip is going well.

K2 said...

I'm afraid you'd be guessing wrong, Mom. Today it's expected to hit 31 degrees, so this morning I chipped away enough ice to be able to close the gate, and I let them out to peck a bit. (Cry havoc!) I don't think they'll go anywhere, as there is still a foot-high wall of snow on either side of the path. I put some straw out for them to stand on. Worms are out of the question.

Anonymous said...

My Goodness! your photos are gorgeous! I'm not Sicilian, but I think I'd love it there. Did you see any white rocky hills? You should all climb up with rocks in your teeth and ask God what what your should do next.

Brenda said...

It does look beautiful!

Sarah I. said...

Janice, I am so happy you are posting! I also love the photos. (I think maybe I'll plan a trip to Sicily.) I have been awaiting photos on the Ison blog to no avail....