Monday, August 24, 2015

Hello from Vientiane!

We just arrived a couple of hours ago. It's a gorgeous house. We took an overnight train from Bangkok. It was actually pretty nice and I slept through the night.

I only spent about a day in Bangkok. Highlights included a trip to a very upscale, massive mall (with really intense security), dinner at a Korean restaurant eaten on the floor, and a 2 hour massage.

I'll try to write more detailed updates, and maybe start a blog, but for now here are a few pics:

Masseuses at the massage place.


Tuk tuk driver

Feeding a cat hot dogs from 7/11. In Thailand there are 7/11s EVERYWHERE. 

Sarah is adorable. I hadn't met her before.

At the train station in Bangkok. (Little) James wore a Spiderman outfit the day before.



7 comments:

Jo rocks said...

Mom says thanks for posting. Also great pictures!

Brenda said...

Fun to get your pics!

elm said...

I agree, thanks for posting. I look forward to hearing a lot about your life and work there. When do you start school?

School started for Popop today. Seems really early. I am cleaning up in garage, preparing to go to bottle return, recycling and such. It always feels good to get things in some order.

keep posting= love to you. Grandma

suzanne said...

Murray and I (and Rex) are all clicking the Like button!

Popop said...

Eliza: It is really nice of you to keep us posted. Sara is really adorable. I hope we will get to see both those kids. Keep up the good work and have fun!

Kamala! said...

Suz-Now that Rex realizes that hot dogs are being wasted on cats in Thailand, he will require that you move there.

suzanne said...

Kam, Rex is happy to share hot dogs - as long as he gets his share.