Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Ventured out on my own today, which was a little scary at first! I got lost finding the main road, which is about a mile walk. Then I had to find a tuk tuk. I have different important landmarks written down in a notebook in Lao, so I can just point to them and hope the driver knows what I mean! It worked out well. I had dinner at Khop Chai Deu, walked along the Mekong a bit, and saw the river market. This is already one of my favorite cities. It's small, mellow, friendly, beautiful.

Mekong river

A dog that lives near my house

Along the Mekong

Dinner


Gotta love this 10 day forecast



I start work tomorrow!

7 comments:

elm said...

Sounds really nice. Good luck with school! Will you drive there? I am guessing that a tuk tuk is transportation, a 3 wheeler? lol.

K2 said...

Your picture of the river is beautiful. Also, keep up the good work posting food. Can't you take a tuk-tuk to school in general? In India, you can hire someone to come daily for a pretty reasonable rate, cheaper than one-at-a-time.

Kamala! said...

Hope that dog doesn't bark as much as corgis do.

Brenda said...

yes, I like your pics and can't wait to "hear" how you classes are going.

EPC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kamala! said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sara said...

We are back in NYC and I can finally look at ourblog. How is school going? The place looks beautiful.