Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Years Eve Morning.

I can not believe it. I am on ourblog! I got here with just a little help from the tall , handsome grandson that happens to be here in India also!! Also, I got money from an ATM, and all by myself.

Well, we arrived by Air India in Chennai last night about 10:30. We are at Hotel Palava, which is an old hotel, and felt that way last night. We had dinner on the plane, yes, Indian airplanes still serve food, and pretty good food at that. We were magically met at the airport with van and driver. It is wonderful what money can buy. The south feels different from the north. This morning I was up early as usual, I went out on the street, found an ATM and used, first time. And the hotel fells good and not so old this morning, here I am on ourblog.

Ajanta and Ellora were up to expectation. Fantastic. Things that have changed: crowds of people, really big crowds. For me, Ajanta was a major athletic event. Stairs, hills. I am grateful to all grandchildren, daughter, and especially s.i.l. for helping me down all of the stairs, and most of the going up. Our guide was very good. It is good to have a guide, he gave us lots of good stories and information.

Driving to both Ajanta and Ellora, were adventurous. We trusted our driver after awhile that he really did know he could pass on what looked like a curve. He was a good driver.

We are having a good time. It feels as if we have been here longer than we have as we have seen so much. At 11 this morninig a driver will pick us up and we will take the train to Trichy.

I am taking lots of pictures, as you may expect.

HAPPY NEW YEAR DEAR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

5 comments:

K2 said...

Thanks, Mom! Keep up the good work.

Sara said...

Thanks for the post. Happy New Year to you all. Glad you are having such a good time.

Popop said...

Happy New Year to everybody! Good to hear things are going great! It has been great having Chandran and family here this week. With them and Kalyani around, I don't have to lift a finger.

bren said...

Happy New Year to everyone. I was just thinking that Don and I were traveling in India on New Years 20 years ago.

Anonymous said...

Hi Janice! It's pretty cool to hear from you in India. I look forward to seeing a picture of you being kissed by an elephant! Have a glorious time. Love, B.