Tuesday, September 4, 2012

College Update: 2nd Year

   This past Sunday I left home for my second year at the University of Guelph. This year I will be living in the East Village Townhouses. It is on the east side of campus and is arranged sort of like a village of townhouses. It is about the same distance from everything as last year, but I don't have to jay walk across a major road to class. Although it is mostly up hill. I don't start classes until Thursday. I have been mostly hanging out in my room. I have been a wee bit social though. I had dinner with my housemate Sarah. She is from the UK. She's nice, I like her. I met her parents too, they were nice too. It must be a family thing. I also went to some yoga classes with my other housemate Heather. She is the one from Rochester. I have another housemate from China, but I haven't seen her since the first day. Seemed nice though.
   In the house we have a kitchen with a fridge and stove, a little living room with chairs and a couch, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 shower rooms and 4 closets. Susi had the brilliant idea of putting my butterfly chair in there, so mine isn't a closet, I like to call it Jo's Place To Chill In The Dark Or With The Lights On, but that is a mouth full so you can call it JPTCITDOWTLO. I didn't realize this until Heather pointed it out to me, but one of the walls in my room is green. It's also kinda cold, but I like it.
  Today, Heather and I decided to go food shopping. It was pouring outside. We took the bus down to the store, Metro, to buy food. We had to walk to the mall to catch a bus back. We got really wet, but it wasn't until we had to make the walk from the bus back to the house that we got drenched. And I mean drenched. I had to change all my clothes before we got lunch. Good news is that my raincoat actually works, but water dripped in from the collar. It dried up eventually. I made myself dinner today. it turned out well. I had pasta with shiitake mushrooms and caramelized onions. It wasn't salted enough, but other than that it was pretty good. I only had to call Hannah twice for help.
  Well anyway, it's getting late and I'm tired so this is the end of the post.

7 comments:

K2 said...

Did you salt the noodle water?

Jo rocks said...

Yes, but not enough apparently.

Hannah said...

Did you salt and pepper the mushrooms and onions?

Brenda said...

I was delighted to read your post. I hope this school year is a happy one for you.

Jo rocks said...

No, I didn't know you were supposedto.

Sara said...

have a great year. Keep us posted always so much fun to read.

Popop said...

Jo:Good to hear from you. Very entertaining as usual.