Sunday, September 23, 2012

College Update: Homecoming

Just to get it out of the way so no one is confused, I don't actually have anything to say about homecoming. It's just homecoming weekend and I couldn't think of another title. Now that we got that out of the way I'll move on.
   It is officially week 3 of school. I have had all of my classes at least 5 times now. Obviously my least favorite class is chem. It's not because I don't like the prof or that it's too hard or anything, I just hate chem. Luckily a lot of my friends have already taken it and are up for helping me when needed. I think my favorite class is my ag class. All we have been talking aboot is cows and dairy and beef. It's great. Also, our labs so far have been going on field trips to dairy farms and a beef research center. NOT a slaughter house. We have to wear these little plastic booties that go over our shoes. They are really sexy and go with every outfit. I think I need some for home. My other classes are enjoyable, but they don't take me on trips to visit cows so they aren't as high on the list. My genetics class is actually interesting, but it does consist of a lot of probability. Psych is psych, all about thinking and stuff. Oh yeah, there is also french. I like my prof, but I didn't realize how rusty my french was.
   It is finally starting to feel like fall, which is a relief. I was beginning to worry. I love summer, but it doesn't compare to fall. Also that much closer to my birthday, which, lets be honest, is the MOST important day of the year. I don't know what y'all are going to do to celebrate, but I am going to be doing exactly what I have done today. Which includes but is not limited to studying, sleeping, surfing the net and eating. And, seeing that it is my 19th birthday, maybe even a little Doctor Who. We'll see, I don't want to go too crazy.
   Seeing as I have a kitchen this year I have been trying to use it. I have only made pasta thus far, but who the hell cares it's tasty. I don't want to brag, but I have become very good at caramelizing onions and not burning them. Also, groceries cost money, who knew. To get to the grocery store, it's called Metro, I have to take a bus to the mall and walk through the mall to the opposite side then cross the street to get to Metro. Last year this wouldn't have been a problem, but this summer they decided to put in a new store. What store? H&M. A big one. It takes twice as long to get my groceries now because I can't help but look around every time. I think I'll start walking to the store and taking the bus on the way back to avoid that damn store. It also happens to be the only decent store in that mall.
  I also have a new favorite song. Live While We're Young by One Direction.


Just kidding. I only put that in there to piss off Susi. Happy Birthday by the way. Now the driving pressure can switch to you. And Hannah, she should really get on that.

10 comments:

K2 said...

I miss you a lot, Jo.

Popop said...

When I was in college, I totally hated chemistry. A young man who lived in a portion of our house in Trichy also hated chemistry, to the point that instead of studying chemistry, we will both be going on how awful it was. Fortunately, I did fairly well in the exam. Keep those reports coming, Jo; you are a "natural".

Kamala! said...

Cows are delicious, Jo. You should cook one.
Also, thanks for posting. You are a good writer-I laughed out loud, or should I say LOL?!

elm said...

Me too, Jo you are darn funny! How are your room mates? I am coming to get you on the 5th!! love you.

Sara said...

Great to hear from you Jo.

Brenda said...

When there are cows in fields on either side of Highway1, the cows come to the fences and seem to be just looking at each other. What are they thinking? They crowd up to the fences and look...not mooing, just looking. Are they social beings that want to be together or saying the grass is greener on my side...yuk, yuk.
Enjoyable post, Jo.

Sara said...

Now I have to know, what are those cows thinking? Can you ask your psych prof, Jo?
Chandran

Jo rocks said...

I was serious about the driving comment. Feel free to pressure Susi and Hannah.

suzanne said...

Surely your new fave song is Gangam Style.

Jo rocks said...

Of course it is.