Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Hello from a Hotel

For some unknown reason, I have been kicked out of my father's house. I had drinks with Dar last night, Dar told Jim some lie, and Jim took it too far. (Lie being that I told Dar I hated her. Which....)

I'm okay though. I'm in a beautiful hotel for 4 nights. Went for a swim and ate a cheeseburger.

Tonight I'm meeting with a fellow teacher who can help me rent a room and figure out the visa situation. That, or maybe I'll come home. That's a last resort, but I'm nervous about getting the visa thing figured out.

I just don't want any of you to worry about me. I have money. I can always be wired money via Western Union if I'm desperate :p I'm very sad that this is the end of the relationship with my birth father, but that's life I suppose.

I can't tell you how grateful I am for all your love and support.

When I get home, I want to legally change my name to Madhu. Because that is from whom I inherited my heart and empathy. Thank you for being my family and making me feel safe, even half a world away. It's a debt I could never repay. 

5 comments:

elm said...

Glad to hear this from you, Eliza. My thoughts were, that you are not a victim, even though it looks like it. I think of Jim as the victim. You are strong and capable to do the right thing for yourself and others.

lots of love to you, Grandma

Popop said...

All this is very upsetting and it is really a shame that you are put in this situation. I am sure that things will work out. So hang in there. Chin up, as they say in Britain. Love, Popop

Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda said...

You seem strong and able to handle the situation. Sorry this has happened, since Jim will miss a lot by not having you as part of his life. Glad that you have made friends with a teacher. We'll be thinking of you! love, AB

EPC said...

Thank you all. Your love and support mean more than I could ever explain.