Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Camp

So I havent written in a while because I've been pretty busy, kind of.

The first week here was staff week and that was fun, I met up with everyone from last year because we were all living in a pretty small area, then all of the JC's (Junior Counselors [our first year on staff]) including myself were split up, half were in program as counselors and half did all the other dirty work on camp.

I'm on maintenance now, I have been for a week and a half and I will be until saturday. Our boss is a mean, very southern man, who frequently disregards safety. A nail from a nailgun missed my hand by about half an inch yesterday. But the maintenance crew this summer is 2-3 times as large as usual because we are painting every building on camp, and I can honestly say that painting is one of the most boring jobs I've ever done. But the time off is nice, we work 8-4 everyday then we are off for the night until curfew at 11:30, and we get one day off a week. So I work 8 hours a day, six days a week, which here is an extremely small amount of work.

In my time off I've seen transformers and 1408, transformers was entertaining and I thought 1408 was crap. I've also been running a bit and I've been to walmart a lot lately.

No pictures

No comments: