Monday, February 23, 2009

dreary day

Sunday was a dreary day. All 5 of us went downtown, Chandran wanted to go to a book fair. When we arrived at our favorite restaurant in the village, Miracle Grill, it was closed. We had hoped it was simply a fluke as they still had their valentine decorations up and people kept on stopping by and looking surprised. Unfortunately it is closed for good and the saddest thing is that a Marc Jacobs store may open in its stead (they already take up half the block). This is especially sad for us, as we have been coming to this restaurant in its various incarnations for the past 20 years or more. We eventually did find another place to eat, not as good. Chandran went to the book fair and I went with the kids to a small playground nearby, it rained and by the time Chandran reached us we were all cranky and cold.

5 comments:

Sara said...

Kalyani you might remember this place, we went here with your friends.

bren said...

That is sad. Great shot which makes me miss NYC.

K2 said...

I do remember. I think I left (totally by accident) a poopy diaper under the table. Was it something about a potbelly then?

Kamala! said...

I remember going there at tleast twice, once with SU, I think. I had huevos ranchero.

Sara said...

No children and dirty diapers were involved. That was another place, David’s Potbelly on Christopher St. I brought you to Miracle when you came to town with Ewa and maybe two other friends, you all stayed at Kamala’s. We had tried some very tredy place but the wait was too long, when we arrived at Miracle we all had Mojitos.