Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Montreal

This weekend I went to a model UN conference in Montreal. My committee was no fun, so me and my friends decided to go have fun instead. These are a few of the things we saw:



The Notre Dame Bascilica from the outside. It was very cold.





The main altar. They were very into blue (Mary's color, I guess). Probably the second prettiest church I've ever been in other than Santa Chiara in Rome.




The secondary chapel. The altar was completely bronze. There's a two year waiting list for summer weddings (you wouldn't want to go outside in a dress during winter in Montreal).





We also went to the Biodome which was built for when Montreal hosted the Olympics. Here are some monkeys in the Jungle ecosystem.




This is a beaver underwater chewing through a log. It was very cool. The beavers at the Seneca Park Zoo never come out.





Penguins. This was the only exhibit that felt at all like a cage at a zoo. They were the main reason for us going. For some reason nobody wanted to go until we mentioned that there were penguins.


Note: The pictures are sort of small and bad because I took them with my phone

7 comments:

Kamala! said...

Very interesting, Noah especially the beavers.

elm said...

Who were you at the model UN? Glad to see the pics of Montreal. I want to go there too!

K2 said...

I'm amazed by your phone. Do you have pictures of your friends?

noah is the best said...

I represented Iraq on the Special Political and Decolonization Committee. I didn't take any of my friends because most of them had their own cameras, and I should be able to borrow their pictures.

Kamala! said...

Wow, Noah, that sounds like a pretty interesting committee.

bren said...

Wow, I'm impressed with your phone, too. And impressed with you and your UN model. Noah.

elm said...

That sounds like a very interesting committee to be on, was it?