Thursday, May 7, 2009

Rain, rain and more rain.

It has been raining here since Friday and it will probably keep on raining till next week. The sun did make an appearance yesterday afternoon; this was good for me as I went to a protest at city hall. Parents whose kids have been wait-listed at their local public schools organized it. I arrived down town early, as I wanted to go to J & R for some things. I then walked across the Brooklyn Bridge. It was really nice a lot of people, mostly tourists, strolling on the bridge, enjoying those few hours of sunshine.

City Hall

5 comments:

elm said...

Good for you Sara!

K2 said...

Nice bridge picture. What was the rally like?

Sara said...

About 200 people, not very large, mostly lower Manhattan types, lots of kids. One big problem was than we could not here the speeches, Manhattan's borough president was there and a few other politicians of that sort.

Sara said...

and the local news people were also there.

Kamala! said...

You are such a good photographer, Sara! When I need a new background picture I go to your flickr site. My previous one was rocks on the beach at Lake Ontario, and my current one is a sunset shot of yours. Love the bridge shot-maybe that will be next.