Saturday, November 5, 2011

Local Pullet Graduates

Today marked the proud beginning of adulthood for one Reed Road Buff Orpington. "Well, it couldn't have been under worse circumstances," she confided to this reporter. "It seemed like the flock would just never leave, but finally the Human with the Hairy Fiend showed up and let them out.
I thought I would have a quiet moment in the only good box, (I would never lower myself to use any of the other three-you'd never see George or Leslie in them, and, of course, Barry never lays at all, though only this morning I saw one of the Australorps in there, tacky, but you know Australorps.) Anyway, the next thing I knew HWTHF came IN to the house! That beast was dancing about in the doorway!
She came over and dared to touch me and checked to see if there was anything in the box. If I could talk, I would have said, 'There's nothing there yet, and what have you done with Dear Janice? And why have you no grapes?'
But I can't, so I just centered as best I could while HWTHF struggled with a new food bag. Oommm.
Well, then it happened. 'Pa-kaaaak, pa-kaak,' I cried, hoping to summon the others, you understand, but all I got was HWTHF holding a handful of scratch up to me. So I left. Well, okay, I ate a bunch of scratch first, but let me tell you I tried to eat a bunch of HWTHF while I was at it."
The Buff Orpington reports that she hopes to distinguish herself in the egg-laying field, as she is otherwise indistinguishable from the other two Buff Orpingtons.

3 comments:

Kamala! said...

Don't they say Dear Mommy rather than Dear Janice?

Sara said...

Janice is fine with me.

Jo rocks said...

Yay?