Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Amazing picture!

Starting with the men seated: (L to R) My uncle Kittan (older brother of my mother), my father, my uncle Sama (my mother's sister Kunja's husband) and my uncle Ambi (my mother's younger brother). The wives are all next to their husbands: (L to R) Kittan's wife, my mother, my aunt Kunja (my mother's younger sister, whom we met in 1972 at her house in Woriur), uncle Ambi's wife.
Kids seated on the floor: The first two boys are uncle Kittan's sons, then my sister Echi, me (yes!) with the necklace and a paunch, my older brother Ambu (who died when he was in his early teens), my sisters Alli and Gnana. The two other kids at left are Kittan's daughter and son and the one kid on my uncle's lap on the right is his son Hari (whom we met in the apartment on Park Ave years ago and he is the one who sent this picture to Uncle Kalyanam).

8 comments:

elm said...

Sorry, it did not upload?

Kamala! said...

If it's not too much trouble could you re-state who everyone is as another post? That way I can look at the post with the picture and figure it out.

K2 said...

How's that? I enlarged it, too.

Kamala! said...

Great! Thanks, Kly.

Kamala! said...

It's interesting that you weren't on a lap, Dad. The other naked children all got laps. Today I had a nice lunch with Nathene-we sat outside to eat as the temperature was in the high 70s, low 80s! She seems good-has an (unpaid ) internship lined up for the next couple of months and has applied for another for the summer. It was very pleasant.

Brenda said...

Very good photo especially of that naked little guy in the front row!

Kamala! said...

Hunger Games is getting good reviews. Yay!

GMS said...

What a wonderful picture to have. I love the setting too.