Saturday, March 31, 2012

Sisters


Sisters
Originally uploaded by sarapicassa

It was an interesting week. In many ways very sad, when we closed the door to the house for the last time I cried. It was not only emotionally difficult it was physically hard, my sister and I emptied out the whole place. We divided things to be shipped to the US, the things to be sold, and we put all the things that need to be thrown out in bags, by the end of the day we were exhausted. Thank god for good Italian food and wine.
It was also a good experience; all the people who helped us with the move were very friendly, kind and efficient.
My uncle Marcello and Norma were in town so we had dinner with them and uncle Mario and Maria, it was nice to see them. We met up with Franca, and I saw her new place. It’s lovely and the nuns are sweet and charming.
Glad to be home.

4 comments:

Kamala! said...

Sounds like an intense experience. Reminds me of what Mom and AB went through cleaning up Grandma's house. Very emotional and draining. I am definitely coming down to NYC-staying at a hotel in SOHO. I'll let you know the details.

Sara said...

looking forward to it.

K2 said...

Or cleaning up 2850. Very hard, but great to have finished. Did you find any more surprise treasures?

Sara said...

In my mother’s hand, my grandmother’s red cabbage recipe and some very lovely crystal glasses.