Saturday, October 20, 2012

College Update

I don't remember the last time I posted, so if there are overlaps in the two posts I apologize. But I don't really meant it. The most important day of the year has come and gone. I am now 19 years old, which in the states isn't really a big deal, but here it is because I can now drink legally. For my birthday, Popop and Mom came up to take me to lunch. We went to Saravanaas. I had a delicious dosa and some mango lassi, which unfortunately was just mediocre. Not the dosa, just the lassi. That evening, my housemates and I enjoyed some cider and went to see a movie that was playing in a lecture hall. It was the new spiderman. It was so much better than the other spiderman movies. I have to say that I am having trouble writing this post. I am very tired. It is midterm season and I have been doing a lot of studying. I also really have to pee. I was going to, but I noticed that the toilet water in our bathroom was blue and foamy. It kind of freaked me out, so I just left. That was like 2 hours ago. I don't do public restrooms here. So you can imagine how I am feeling right now. What else? Hmmmm... jeez I really can't think about anything other than the fact that I have to pee. I am sitting in the university centre cafeteria right now. There is no one here, it's a little weird. Not a lot has been happening here besides midterms, so not a lot to write. There is a weird noise in my room, but I can only hear it when I go to bed. It's like a rapid tapping noise, but not a tapping noise. You know what I mean? It always takes me a little longer to go to bed because it drives me insane. Oh yeah, I started J.K. Rowling's new book. It is very adult, but I am enjoying it. It is definitely not for children. She drops the f bomb a lot. I wasn't expecting that. It was weird at first, but after awhile I got used to it. I mean it's not like she uses it often, but more than it was used in HP. Which, if I am correct, she never used at all. There is also no magic, but that was to be expected. I mean, magic doesn't really exist, right? That would be great. Terrible, but great. Ok, I got nothing else.

5 comments:

EPC said...

saravannas! yum <3 happy birthday jo!

Kamala! said...

Is the "terrible but great" A Harry Potter reference? Olivander!

Jo rocks said...

Yep!

K2 said...

Wow, I missed that!

Popop said...

Thanks for the post,Jo!