Saturday, May 3, 2014

Glasgow

Glasgow is built on drumlins, (hills).  From the train, we had a long uphill slog to Hotel Ibis.  The hotels are good, very  basic, but enough.   We walked back down through a walking mall, it was dismal.   Then, we found the Hop On, Hop Off buses.  That  helped me a lot!  And we had a really good meal last night.  We hopped off at the U. of Glasgow campus.  The Ison's have been here before and knew of  some good restaurants near by.  We had a delicious dinner.  My starter was thin, deep green asparagus topped with a poached egg, so good.  Followed by chicken livers, done perfectly.  (sorry ladies).  Glasgow looks better.  Today we will 'hop on' and go to see Rennie Mackantosh museum.  We found the new Concert Hall on our walk


, their orchestra is performing tonight.  We purchased tickets.

Top, last dinner in York, then dinner last night.

2 comments:

Sarah I said...

Hi M&D. I rally like the photo of all of you at dinner. I can see Janice, and Madhu taking the photo in the mirror! Was that intentional?

Kamala! said...

Great picture! I always do the hop on hop off bus-takes you to all the attractions; in good weather, you can be in open air. I did it in Edinburgh and London this trip.