Saturday, November 17, 2007

Kitchen Stadium

Today was a very fun cooking day although I still have to clean up. Made gravy base, cranberry sauce (delish-sweetened w/ apple cider and honey and spiced w/ cloves, cinnamon, and bay leaves), two soups-(vegetarian roasted tomato and basil and Mexican chicken)will do one more on Friday-turkey lentil, and the herb butter to rub turkey with. So I should be in good shape for TG. Expecting 38/39 Thursday and 37 or so Friday. Bought a second vegetable peeler, so will be putting people to work w/ those. Went to the High School production of Les Miserables last night-it was fantastic. I knew the three male leads since Kindergarten-they were all fantastic. One spent the summer @ Tanglewood and soloed w/ the chorus; another didn't get into Tanglewood, but went to the Eastman summer program on Rochester. The chorus director's daughter was young Cosette-she's 8 and I had her in my class 5 years ago. She was also really good. The productions are near professional level, certainly on par with community theater. Great experience. Tomorrow will not be so fun-cleaning will be the activity of the day.

9 comments:

Sara said...

Wow, I am impressed!
So I do not need to bring cranberry sauce? I will bring cheeses and will make the sweet potatoes. Would you like me to bring the ingredients for those? It’s certainly easy enough.
Anything else you would like me to bring just le me know?

elm said...

Sounds very good Kamala.

Dad is preparing to make the snack mix today. I will make the pies- I am going to make the cranberry pie from NYT earlier this week and a pumpkin. Or should I do the good ol' pecan pie, everyones favorite, at least mine and Ashwani's. I have the ingredients for the 'rice stuffing', and will prepare.

Anything else we should bring? I have a giant pkg of nice paper napkins in white, should I bring? I bought them at Ikea for the lake, but this would be a good use.

K2 said...

elm,
I'll make a pumpkin, an apple, and a pecan if you make a pumpkin and the cranberry.

elm said...

Lorraine is making a pumpkin. I don't think 3 are needed. Well, maybe. How about 2 pecan?

bren said...

Kam,
Let me know how the plating goes and the comments of the judges. And then, of course, the final verdict.

Kamala! said...

I think three pumpkin is a good thing. I do not need the napkins. Thnaks for your support, AB-I'm confident that my cuisine will reign supreme!

K2 said...

I'll do 2 pumpkin and a pecan. Mom will do an apple and the cranberry. Lorraine is also bringing the hard sauce.

Sara said...

Will one pecan be enough?!

Kamala! said...

We will be 38-lots of people want more than one kind, so less variety, more pie is my advise. Plus leftovers can be used the next night (or morning).