Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Something actually worthwhile

Last night I went to the commons with my hotelie friend Alex Gruhin and saw Arlo Guthrie. It was just him on stage, no band. He called it his "Solo Reunion Tour" (funny, I know) because his first album was solo and he is celebrating that coming out. He played everything. Alice's Restaurant was 25 minutes long but definitely didn't feel it. The show was great and I'm really glad that I went. After that I went home and stayed up long into the night doing Russian homework and stuff for my writing seminar. Oh, and for those of you that don't know, my writing seminar teacher has a horrible speech impediment. It was entertaining (he named the course Shakespeare: Bodies of Rhetoric, I cannot imagine why) for a while, but now it's just awful. I sat in the back of my organizational behavior lecture today and looked at all the laptop screens in the room in front of me. I saw a lot of YouTube, fantasy football, and Facebook. I have work I should be doing. Dad might be coming tomorrow to take me out to lunch. That would be nice.

6 comments:

K2 said...

he do Stealin'? New Orleans?

K2 said...

DID

elm said...

Arlo brings such warm feelings, thank you.

The lap tops in class in front of you is sad, revealing, I guess normal?

Sara said...

Why do they allow laptops in class? Does this happen in all classes or only the least interesting ones?

K2 said...

They don't use notebooks any more--take notes directly to laptop. Even in Math. This is universal. So you no more control what they are doing than you used to be able to prevent doodling.

Sara said...

Doodling never prevented me from listening to a lecture. I think watching YouTube may be a bit more distracting. If I were a Prof I’d be furious. What a tremendous waste of time for everyone concerned.