Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Obama electability anecdote

As most of you know my sister and her husband are politically conservative. Most of their friends are Republican. At Thanksgiving dinner my sister was talking politics with one of her friends, a conservative older woman form Arkansas. The conversation turned to presidential hopefuls and the woman said “You know who I really like? Obama.” Most Republicans Amelia has spoken with are very disillusioned with the current leadership and are not particularly thrilled with the Republican candidates.

4 comments:

elm said...

Hey, that is encouraging.

Sara said...

Only if Obama gets nominated.

K2 said...

I think that their field is pretty weak. The one that scares me is Huckabee. And I worry that Clinton is defeatable in the general, but might not be in the primary.

Kamala! said...

I have never planned to vote for Clinton because I think she is completely unelectable. I was thinking of voting for Edwards, but , maybe Obama would be the one. In MAss., like NY, it doesn't that much which way we vote. Mass always goes Democrat no matter what.