Friday, March 6, 2009

School

I decided to make a post about school because I haven't written on the blog in a long while. We had a snow day on monday, classes were canceled; we (me and most of the people in my hall) went and saw taken but otherwise stayed in the dorm because campus is one big icy hill. I just took a picture out of my window, with my webcam, but the majority of the snows melted so it's just dreary.



Then last night, a few of us in my hall were bored so we went out and saw Watchmen at midnight. Eric's car got stuck and getting it out took a good 20 minutes, so we made it to the theater with about 2 minutes to spare, but we still got tickets. It was really good, but nearly 3 hours, so we got back to the dorm pretty late.

Tonight most of the people in my hall are going to my friend Katie's brother's house but I opted out of going. Pretty much everyone went home this weekend, so I'm all alone in the dorm tonight, but It'll be nice to have a quiet night in.

Classes are fine, but hard. Physics has been pretty manageable, but math's a killer this semester. I'm taking writing 104 which we have to write a paper a week for. It's a nice break from all the math I've been doing, but it adds a lot to my homework load.

I have spring break starting next weekend, It'll be nice to get off campus for a week, we're all going a little crazy being cooped up here (cabin fever).

That's pretty much everything going on in my URI life, ask any questions you may have.

5 comments:

K2 said...

I can help you the math, Sam. E-mail if you're stuck.

K2 said...

And thanks for the post. The reviewer on the radio today really hated Watchman, though. Do you like the comic?

Sara said...

Chandran , Chiara and the twins also start their break next week end.Your mother told me you are thinking of coming to NYC. We would love to see you. We will probably be gone from the 16-19 of March.

bren said...

Good to read about your school, Sam. It does take me back to my dorm days...aaagh 50yrs. No more panty raids, eh?

SamsHome?! said...

I read like half the comic a few years ago, don't really remember it. But I just started reading it again and it's really good. The movie's really a hate it or love it type thing, but I liked it a lot.

I'm not sure if I'm coming down to new york next week, I'll figure it out by next weekend though.