Wednesday, October 3, 2007

O.K. here goes




You know, this is not easy!

The canoe trip was great. Hard (well used back and shoulders), beautiful (paper said the color was peak. to me it was on early side of peak. the reds were there, but the yellows were still green), and fun. (we had 5 canoes, with folks from Germany, as well as Roc, people that Jim Ison works with. good company), warmer than usual (we swam, not just a dip in and quickly out, but we stayed in quite awhile.)

Well, there it is. Kalyani has better pics I am sure. For me, one of the highlights was on the way home. Susi and I sang, then we played games, then after dark (6 hour trip), Kly suggested I tell Susi stories from childhood. I first thought, there is nothing interesting there, but after I started (4th grade in Denver, L.A. and Spokane) I could not stop. I think Susi fell asleep.

3 comments:

elm said...

corrections:

Susi, Kly and I sang.
Jeanne and Tom (Jeanne worked with me, but has come so many years that I did not consider mentioning her as I did not mention Sherrill and Jim)

Kamala! said...

Well-I would like to hear those stories. Maybe at DOJ we can do a story time w/Elm, Aunt B, Popop and Uncle Don. Meanwhile-what are the current thoughts on Lake dates. Jim would like to know.

Susanna Chhibber said...

I did not fall asleep. I was just quiet!