Saturday, March 15, 2008

Tuscany

The following email came yesterday:


I'm writing regarding your booking of P.......... in December 2008.

We have been told that it might be very very difficult to heat P.............
during the winter season.
In order to avoid any problems of sickness or any disappointments of our
services we have decided, with great regret, to cancel your booking.

We would be very pleased to suggest some other houses in Tuscany. If you are
interested , would you please let me know the exact size of your party.
Please precise the number and age of any children.

Discussion and opinions please. They will refund the 1800 euros. My thought was to cancel completely. Stay in US. However, I am home alone. When talking to M. and S. I got other opinions. Please comment. Thanks.

12 comments:

Kamala! said...

I am open to the general opinion-this is disappointing, but not too surprising considering the sky rocketing oil prices. We could head to warmth instead, but I would love to go to Italy. The kids are off at the concert-we had a fun dinner at the local Brazilian steak house before they went.

Sara said...

Needless to say I am disappointed. Whatever the majority decides is fine with us. We will be in Italy anyway.

K2 said...

I'm enthusiastic about being in the US. Taos? Nantucket?

Kamala! said...

Not Nantucket unless you're idea of good time is being stuck in a house with too many people while the wind howls and the sleet or rain comes at you sideways making even a trip to the closed stores unbearable. How about Virginia?

Kamala! said...

Jim is suggesting Puerto Rico-direct flights, warm weather. Jane once rented a house there. Interesting scenery.

K2 said...

Jet Blue fies to San Juan.

K2 said...

But Dad isn't a big fan.

Sara said...

Speaking with you mom I got the impression that if not Italy at Christmas time then some other place in June or July. Nantucket in July would be lovely I am sure.

Kamala! said...

If we do summer instead, then the Cape might be doable, but we would have to start looking now, esp. Nantucket. We could think about Wellfleet (no ferry).

noah is the best said...

I like to be in America

okay to be in America

everything free in america*

for a small fee in amereeeeeeka

ai ai


*That's appealing. If we're staying in the U.S. we should go somewhere with good restaurants. Like New York or Boston. Or maybe somewhere less expensive like Rochester.

Personally, my vote is for Lee, MA.

K2 said...

The plus for nantucket is that you don't have to drive. In Wellfleet, we'd need transport to the Lobster Hut every day, perhaps twice.

Sara said...

The only problem I can see with Nantucket is the price. Most of the houses large enough to fit us are very expensive.