Monday, July 14, 2008

High excitement here



Some anxiety (Buster and me), excitement up the hill as they pack for their cross country adventure. They leave tomorrow morn, I think 4 or 5 a.m. They plan to drive about 12 hrs. tomorrow and the next day.

Chandran and Sara called Sat. from Galesburg, Il. They looked for info about our father in Abington, Il. where my baby book says he was born. No luck. But he did find lots of McKinny's there. Russell's mothers maiden name Betty Beatrice McKinney. They were heading over to Shannendoah, Iowa to look into mothers birth place.

My garden is growing vigorously. I picked the pumpkin flowers. I will stuff them with moz., bread with egg and flour, and saute them for h.d.'s for dinner. (Sara's recipe) I looked for potatoes. A miracle, there are actual potatoes. They are green, I left them. Advice garden guru's on the left coast?

4 comments:

Kamala! said...

I love those pumpkin blossom things. Safe travels to the C/M clan. CU in CA!
I think it's too early for potatoes-none at the Farmer's Market yet.

noah is the best said...

Buster is being taken down to Grandma's house for storage (or visiting whichever way you want to look at it) as I speak/type. He is quite apprehensive.

I think everyone but me is leaving at like 4 AM. That is quite early. Your thoughts?

elm said...

Rush's had potatoes and corn. The pumpkin moz delicacy did not come to pass. The flowers wilted too much.

Kamala! said...

Looking more closely at the pic of the pumpkin blossoms, I do think they looked different than they do later, probably why they wilted. Noah-you know Bustie loves to stay w/ his grandparents- Popop thinks of him as his favorite grandson.