Thursday, July 24, 2008

Rain


Illa, Deb, and Noah after the christening. Mac and Thomas. They are such lovely young boys. They took good care of Illa, who ran around the church during the service, but they got her where she needed to be for the important event.

The frogs are singing away. So very nice. Where do they go when it is dry and hot? We had 2 major thunder, lightening and heavy rain storms today, on in the morning and one in the evening. It has rained every day for a long time. My 2 rain barrells are overflowing. I am not prepared for that. Well, I do have the drain connected to the hose on the garden, but that certainly does not need watering. The garden has produced huge, huge, zucchini's. I did not catch them in time. I raasted them last night on the grill. Not so good, really.

We went to the Little and saw MONGOL tonight. It was good, I decided. Lots of brutal war scenes, but the characters were stong. I guess that goes without saying.

Looking forward to seeing all of our family next week!!

1 comment:

Kamala! said...

We have also had the torrential rain and thunderstorms-some of the leaves on my plants are turning black, and mu Cosmos are very unhappy. (I believe it's Isla)