Tuesday, March 16, 2010

First Sunny Day



Well, not really, but it has been awhile! Buster and I surveyed our domain just now. I made a list of jobs to be done. I will hire someone!!!! (hopefully)

Anyway, the spring state of the water level is a little lower than normal. The 'moat' does not surround both of the pines. The 'pond' seems as high as usual, but I think I will blame the willows that are growing like weeds there. Maybe this summer I can find someone with a small back hoe to uproot those willows. after the pond dries up. My memory says that I planted some of those willows from sticks gathered at the lake house.

5 comments:

K2 said...

Buster looks very happy.
I really like Tucson, but it could be that the University is on break. It's ringed by mountains. It's sunny and 70's, but you can see snow up there. Yesterday went to a Cubs preseason game; they lost. I'm enjoying the conference, but working hard. We go to lectures and study all day, then meet and work on problems at night. Last night went from 7:30 until 11. I quit at that point, and gathered up some other light-weights to go to a bar. It's nice to see old U of R friends, like Vijay, and I've met some nice people also, some of them very, very smart. I'll be seeing them again at a series of upcoming conferences. I'm very tired, and I miss everyone, but I'm having a really good time and learning a lot as well.

K2 said...

At the bar, we talked about Math.

Kamala! said...

Of course you did. Sounds like fun. The flooding around here is incredible. Just ran into an acquaintance i9n the neighborhood over by the path. Returned home from NYC to 31 inches in their basement,electric system out (needs to be rewired), hot water heater, laundry ruined. Water still coming in,also sewage coming in thru the drains and shower (neighborhood built wout those back flow stop valves)-so the Fire Dept won't pump them out. And.. insurance co. says they aren't covered cause it' the basement.

K2 said...

How totally awful!

Kamala! said...

I apologize for all the typos in my last comment.