Saturday, March 22, 2014

College Update: Spring (technically) Edition

  Hello all! I know it has been awhile and I apologize. I know you guys are probably all like "Oh my god, what is Jo up to?" Well, I will answer you question. Pretty much the same stuff that I posted in the last post. It's still winter here, which sucks rather a lot. It's not so cold that I have to wear two pairs of pants anymore, but I certainly wouldn't venture out without my mittens and a scarf. Schools good. I'm taking these mini vet school classes at the vet school here. They don't count for anything, but they are fun and we can converse with vet school students. There are only 4 classes in total. Each week we have two lecturers. So far we've had lectures on radiology, which is more interesting than you would think, neuroscience, milk fever, wildlife rehabilitation and 2 labs. The labs were really fun. In the first one, we looked at anatomy, there was some hands on stuff. In the second one, we looked at parasites. That was less present, mostly he kept saying things about how you might find tapeworms inching across your pillow, if you sleep with your dogs. I actually managed to keep our free snack, that they provided, down. He even brought some for us to look at, up close and personal.
   I went to see the Lego Movie. It was really good and funny. I thought it would be weird to watch because they're legos, but it wasn't.
  I only have about 2 weeks left of classes and then exams. Only one per week, which isn't too shabby. I also signed up for the MCAT, so that'll be oodles of fun. Not stressful or intimidating at all. I feel really good about it. Can't wait...I was hoping that a positive attitude about it would make me feel better, it didn't. I signed up for my courses for next semester. I'm taking companion animal genetics, cell bio, applied animal behavior, pet nutrition and another immunology course. Heather is also taking that course, so that'll be fun. We haven't had a class together since fall of last year,  I think.
  My laptop is dying, so I'm gonna wrap this up. I got nothing else.

7 comments:

Kamala! said...

Thanks for the update, Jo! I sleep with my dogs, just so you know.

K2 said...

In Victorian times, people ingested tapeworms on purpose to lose weight.

Kamala! said...

Great idea, Kly! And I wonder if attaching ticks to my body would also help with weight loss.

Jo rocks said...

Probably not in your best interest.

Kamala! said...

Jo-Not in my best interest
because of which one of these scenarios:
1) Lyme disease
2)A worm in my stomach
3) I don't need to lose weight
Think carefully before answering.

Jo rocks said...

Option 4) all of the above.

Brenda said...

Clever, JO