Friday, March 14, 2014

York 5

Yesterday we went on the walls to the Merchant Adventurer's hall, ate idli and dosa, the Indian spice store, M&S, and Hannah's place.

The York walls have long sections still in place. They are medieval. The views are great of people's backyards. And the city. The merchants adventurers were those that adventured their money rather than their persons. It's a timber building from the mid 14th century! The ceilings were like a cathedral, except low and in wood.
We stumbled across a Goan place for lunch. Hannah had idli, and I had dosa. The dosa and filling were really good, the sambar was adequate, and the chutney was bad. I'd go back there if given the choice.
We went to Rafi's Spice Box to get supplies. You can buy Indian spices by the spoonful.  I realize just now that I forgot to add the fresh coriander I bought. Hannah got mango pulp there, too. We went to Marks& Spencer to get the grocery and wine in a bag. I made Chloe, beans, and cauliflower. It was pretty good, and Hannah's friends were happy about it. 
I see that autocorrect never had chole.

3 comments:

Jo rocks said...

And you skyped with Jo.

Popop said...

Chloe? Is she cute?

Jo rocks said...

Ha ha, I think she meant Chole.