Tuesday, March 11, 2014

York Post 2

I got to York yesterday evening just as dark was falling, so everything had that lovely yellow glow. What a beautiful city! I walked by the river to the B&B, then over to Hannah's place. She's fine. We went to dinner, and I had a "cellar cooled" pint, which of course means, "unrefridgerated". It was good though. I was in bed by 8:30. I think I watched a show about canal boat touring for a while, but it may have been a dream, because it starred Sibyl Faulty, but much older. Her husband (also very familiar) was driving, so Sybil had to operate the manual locks.
River Ouse in front of the B & B.

4 comments:

elm said...

Dad and I just returned from Niagara Falls, applying for Nexus. Gives us Global Entry also. Nice. It is 52 degrees and sunny!! Predictions for tomorrow are 8 - 12 inches of snow, sleet and freezing rain. Can't believe it.

Enjoy. York sounds really nice.

elm said...

Oh, 2 more eggs today. The Ladies love the sunshine.

elm said...

Popop said...

Looks like Mom ran out of words to say!