Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Triathalon Central

Sam and Jim did a mini triathalon on Sunday. Sam came in 59th out of 200 people.His girlfriend from Rhode Island came up to watch. Jim did well also, and his ankle is OK, so we are off to Mexico next Thursday for the 1/2 Iron Man in Cancun. Our hotel looks great-very resorty. Am feeling guilty about missing four days of work at the beginning, but looking at the hotel on line made me feel much better! Also, I'm paying for my sub-it's just that the kids are so new. Am excited about the CA trip. I like Jay's suggestion-do not want to pack for camping. Shout out to the left coast blog!

6 comments:

elm said...

Good for Sam and Jim last Sunday and good luck for Jim in Mexico.

I also like Jay's suggestion, Irish Beach. Would the CA family come to Irish Beach also? I like the idea of putting us on more equal footing in regards to preparation,etc. Also, as K2 points out, large crowds are hard on a limited water supply.
elm

Sara said...

Don’t feel so bad. The twins’ head teacher quit a few hours before meet the teacher night. The head of the school was mortified, She had to tell a group of touchy ny parents that there children would have no senior teacher. Apparently she got a job with the dep of ed.
Have fun in Mexico.
So what’s Sam’s girl like?
I also like Jay's suggestion

K2 said...

It's great that Jim has recovered enough to go. I like Jay's suggestion pretty well, but I worry about the after dinner commuting.

Kamala! said...

What after dinner commuting? Wouldn't we all be staying there?

Kamala! said...

Also, if it's an alcolhol concern, we will have some teens to use as DDs.

K2 said...

It's the dark, windy roads. Also the logistical conversations. But if the cousins stayed too, that would fix everything.