Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Hannah 3

I'll just copy and paste:
The French girls freaked when we told them that their winter was what April will be like when they get to the US.
School was really great. First we had to sit through French, but that was fine. Then we had English class. We listened to Obama's "Yes we can" speech turned into a song and we had to fill in the blanks of words. We knew them all. Then we had to go over the historical references in the speech. The teacher used us whenever the class didn't have an answer. We also went to a philosophy class where we sat in a circle and asked each other questions about how the schools are different.
We went shopping after lunch. I bought myself a jacket and a necklace, and Jo and Susi some jewelry.
Tomorrow we go to Mont St. Micheal. Shopping in French is faire du shopping, and faires means to make or to do, so when the translate us they tell us we will make shopping. It's kinda cute.

10 comments:

EPC said...

i hope all those french kids don't vote obama just cause their teacher played them that sweet song

noah is the best said...

Maybe when he's inaugurated they can all march around the TV and make Poppop mad.

K2 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K2 said...

I wanna to make shopping too!!
Jo rocks

noah is the best said...

Also, Hannah should have been taught "faire des menages" not "faire du shopping."

SamsHome?! said...

I prefer my faire to be laissez'd.

K2 said...

Ooh, very good, Sam.

Popop said...

Noah:
Why should Popop get mad? Please elucidate.

K2 said...

He's referring to the '68 inauguration. I was in 1st grade, and Miss Arnold made us march around the TV while the band played. I didn't tell you guys, because I thought you'd be mad. I had heard that you thought Daisy was better than Nixon, and I knew you didn't think much of Daisy.

Sara said...

I was under the impression that Madhu was an Obama supporter. So why would he get mad?