Sunday, April 13, 2008

Spring


The pond is full. Mr. Mallard is there in the pic, the Mrs. maybe off laying eggs. The gold finches are turning yellow again. I ordered a rain barrel and rain chain. Next year, perhaps they will be available locally. I gave my History Club paper on Friday, Politics and Food. It was good. Lots of discussion. This reading has caused changes: I am buying grass feed meat now and food as locally as possible. Oh, another result from the paper- I will try to grow some vegetables. I purchased some boards to make 2 raised beds (ea. 5 x 18 feet). I've heard that I might be providing meals for the critters.

5 comments:

noah is the best said...

ally interesting. Also thanks for replacing Jo's message with the nice picture.

noah is the best said...

I meant to say "that's really interesting," but it got cut off.

bren said...

Your pond does look beautiful. It is very good that you have so much water available for your garden.

bren said...

Your paper was excellent and worthy of all the good response.

Kamala! said...

I think "ally interesting" should become part of our vocabulary.