Friday, May 28, 2010

Chick update





This morning one chick flew to edge of the container. We have moved them from the dining room to the laundry room. It will be boring for them. Buster was the culprit that caused the flight. He has not found them boring as yet. (unlike you, ourblog dear readers).

The top 2 chicks are 3 weeks old, (Leslie, a New Hampshire Red and Cuck or George, a Cuckoo Maren) The bottom 2 are 2 weeks old (The left one looked like a chipmonk at 3 days , anyway it is an Americana named either Ted or Alvin, the other a Buff Orpenton named Goldie) The chick handler is Susi.

10 comments:

Chandran said...

I find chickens fascinating, mom. On the subject- Noah, did you know that there is a Mad For Chicken franchise in Ithaca?

K2 said...

I think that 2nd one is our least charming chicken. I like that first one, though. Chan, I was assuring Mom just this morning that the chickens remind no one of food.

Kamala! said...

Mmmm, chicken.

Kamala! said...

Does anyone else have to sign in twice to comment? It's been making me do that for days now.

elm said...

No to the sign in problem, but I was trying to make these pics in 2 rows of 2. I did the 'no arrangement option'. put when it came up they were 4 in a column. Any ideas on this?

noah is the best said...

I had no idea there was a mad about chicken franchise.

noah is the best said...

Sorry, mad for chicken. There is another place called "All About Chicken." I will have to try and find it, though I have never noticed it. Also, its address is on a block with no stores.

K2 said...

Jess' father feels that New Hampshire Reds (like Leslie) have nice personalities in general. His mother raised chickens during the depression. The government hired her to do chicken ed. in the community.

elm said...

I am thinking that I need to get this igloo. The chicks need more space. We can take it to the lake. I did not want to, but at the moment it seems the easiest solution to the need. What do you think? The colors are atrocious. The only primary color is red.

bren said...

Your chicks are quite cute.