Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Muggy

By now I'm finding the guest house totally pleasant. We are given interesting things to eat. Today we had corn fritters for breakfast and flying fish and breadfruit for dinner. We had a group outing to the Atlantic side of the island. There's dangerous surf, but lots of beach glass. We also went to a forest gully, which was beautiful. A lot of old trees and millipedes. I think my pictures there will come out.
I'm actually learning a lot of math, and after snorkeling and millipede-watching with the person whose paper I've been studying for a year, I finally got up courage to ask him about it on the bus. So that's what we call networking, which is what conferences are for, right?
I miss everyone, though.

2 comments:

elm said...

hmmmm. beach glass!! Buster and I just walked around, behind the pond some nice, very big jack in the pulpit. Today is Thurs. and Ashwani is doing it all!! What a guy. Snorkeling today?

K2 said...

I'll take my goggles out to the reef right behind the institute, but I think I no snorkeling by boat.