Monday, May 3, 2010

Cooler

Today was kind of breezy. The Math this morning was followable, but I spent the afternoon prepping for tomorrow, and it doesn't look good. Then I went swimming. Cris and I bought goggles this morning so we could open our eyes underwater. We also bought chocolate covered digestives. This is a British-oriented place. We went to the grocery store, too, but the mangos looked pretty bad. There's a fruit stand on the street, though, which I'll try tomorrow. The lady behind me in line kept telling the cashier that the bananas she was buying had better be no more than 40 cents, because that's all she had. So the cashier was very amused by this, but not so much amused by my inability to read their coins, but then I waited, and this woman handed the cashier all her money--98 cents, and the bananas came to $1.41. So I handed the customer 50 cents, but she gestured with her head at the cashier, so I gave it to her, which the cashier thought was even funnier. It's a very cheerful culture.

4 comments:

Kamala! said...

Is there any snorkeling?
We are still under a "Boil Water Order". At work, the children are using wipes to wash hands and we are using paper serving dishes at snack. It went OK. I feel like I have ducked the two big news events in the northeast-was at Lincoln Center instead of Broadway, Sat. night for the bomb thing, and away during the worst of the water main break in Mass. They have repaired the break and are running clean water, but they won't lift the ban till they test all the 30 towns (and Boston) affected. Could be a couple more days. I feel pretty blase about it all, but some people are freaking out!

Sara said...

Many years ago I went to Barbados with my parents. I liked it. Unfortunately my parents preferred Jamaica. I did not like it as much.
I spoke to Franca this morning. looks as if we will be able to stay in the apartment when we go to Rome!

bren said...

I haven't been watching or listening to news lately. Since getting my cold/flu I needed a break from the chaos of the world.

K2 said...

That's really great, Sara!