Wednesday, September 21, 2011

News from the East

I was thinking about spending a day in Oxford with Susi and Dad. There's so much to do. We could go punting!
We're staying in some dorms at University College. It's like a maze. The numbers don't go in order.
I'm glad Buster is getting better. I start dog walking on the first.
Today Kazia, Emily L (not UR Emily), and I went to the Bodleian Library and took a tour. It was so cool. The room we waited in used to be the divinity school and was used for filming the Hospital Wing scenes in Harry Potter. The old part of the library was used for the restricted section. The tour guide was leaning on a shelf telling us about the room and what books they have and she put her hand on a book and was like, this is the first English dictionary, no big deal. We were all like, holy crap, that's so cool!
Then I had my tutorial. Boo. It went pretty well. After my tutorial I met up with UR Emily and we went to the History of Science museum. It was the most disappointing museum I've ever been to. There was nothing in there and nothing was older than the 16th century. It was all the same stuff too. They'd have 50 microscopes and 20 cameras. And nothing was well labeled.
For dinner we went to the Eagle and Child pub. It's were Tolkein used to go hang out. It was pretty good. We ate all their ketchup.
I went to the JCR (our common room) after dinner and some girls were watching Bride and Prejudice for the Jane Austen class so I watched with them. That movie is terrible but hysterical.
Tomorrow I'm going to the Natural History and Pitt-Rivers museums and the Oxford Castle.
Love, Hannah

5 comments:

elm said...

Thanks for the update Hannah. Sounds really good for you. Too bad about boring museums.

Popop said...

Looks like you are having a great time! Thank you for posting.

K2 said...

Well, I posted that. It's an e-mail.

Hannah said...

I can't post on the blog. I tried, but it wouldn't let me.

Brenda said...

Good to read about what's going on with you, Hannah.