Thursday, September 15, 2011

Random Info.

Some of you may curious as to why I would post this picture. I'll tell you why. I met the bald man. During my physics class last night when he introduced himself as our prof. No joke. My prof is in a sideshow act. He will be leaving our class for like 3 weeks during the semester because he has to do shows. He calls himself The Great Orbax. Apparently that's what we are supposed to call him too. He didn't quite clarify. He actually knows what he is talking about when it comes to physics, so have no fear. Me and my roommate have his class together which is nice because his class is from 7pm to 9:50pm and walking back in the dark can be a little scary.He's really funny and I stayed awake the whole class. He doesn't like kids sleeping in his class. His rule for a student sleeping is letting all the other students know and then pointing a laser pointer in the student's eye until he or she wakes up. If we know this will happen to us ahead of time he won't get in trouble. The class was mostly a blur and I didn't retain much but he didn't expect us to because we basically did an entire unit in one class. Luckily waves and stuff are the last thing we covered in physics last year. So I'm all set. It's actually a relatively small class, which is nice.
Next topic is winding your toy. Some of you may know what that is because I've already explained it to you. For those of you don't know,I found some clips on youtube of our peprally. So know you will have a visual. I don't know if I explained the peprally. If I did already I apologize because I'm going to explain it again. The peprally, which took place on Sept. 5 this year, is mostly just for first years and OVs (orientation volunteers). The first years are lead by our residence presidents. Hee. Anyway, the prez of each rez is required to come up with a dance to compete with the other rezzes. I couldn't find my dance but I found the OV's dance or as they call it, the boogie. Every dance is required to have the winding of the toy which is a U O Guelph tradition. It's easy to spot in the dance because the minute they start doing it the crowd starts cheering. It was like that for all the dances. Our dance kicked ass, but apparently the judges didn't agree. Another part of the scoring is our pep. Whoever cheers the post for themselves and for everyone else is a big plus in the judge's books. Our house cheer was WHAT SERVICE??!! ROOM SERVICE!!! Get it. 'Cause we live in a hotel. We also had some Guelph cheers that you could see in the youtube video if you decide to watch it.
Okay, I amnow going to vent a little. Not much I promise. It might not make sense, but bear with me.
For Calc we have to have these course notes and now I find out we need the calc textbook as well. This normally wouldn't bother me but it costs a lot. I went to the bookstore to buy but apparently they only sell the text and notes combo or just the notes. Not the text. so I went to the co-op bookstore. They didn't sell it seperately either. So I have to buy it via thecannon.ca which is actually cheaper, but still a lot of effort. I guess I'm mostly pissed because instead of taking a nap or doing my reading for class tomorrow, which will be done this afternoon, I spent my morning running around campus. End of vent.
So after all that I came back to my room. I then proceeded to start my chem homework. I got all the questions correct so far. Ialso signed up for physics labs and copied all of my notes. So all in all a pretty productive morning. Oh I also decided to switch it up and get a pumpkin spice latte instaed of a vanilla one. It was pumpkin spicy. I kinda liked it. They have this rule where first years aren't allowed to use their meal cards to pay for anything before 2pm. So to punish them I paid all in quarters. Hee Hee Hee. They have awakened the beast within.
So I started typing this around 12:45 pm. The reason it is taking me so long to write is because I am also eating a delicious lunch from the Bullring. It's a salad. I had a scone for breakfast. It was okay. I have lost feeling in both legs now because I have been sitting on the floor for close to an hour now. Why you might ask. It's because the best internet connection is under my desk. Hmm what else? It's chilly out. I'm afraid I've started talking like a Canadian. I also tend to get kid of defensive whenever someone brings up the US. I have no problem making fun of it, but I don't like it when others do. Thankfully it doesn't come up much.
OK I'm done.
Here are the links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbjitrgo-qI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfrAEAhMKek&feature=related
just copy and paste I don't know how to make it blue

10 comments:

Jo rocks said...

PS I didn't proof read or spell check. So yeah.

elm said...

Well Jo, I laughed out loud all by myself sitting here at the computer. (Oh, at your cheer) You should have won for sure.

elm said...

The videos: AMAZING to get so many people to get there on the field and dance. Sounds like fun.

Popop said...

Jo: I think you should switch to creative writing and become a writer instead of poking into private parts of animals. You are totally entertaining with an amazing sense of humor.

Jo rocks said...

Where's the fun in that?

Kamala! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

Better yet combine the two and become the next James Herriot.

Jo rocks said...

Yeah totally!!

Sarah Ison said...

Jo, I must say I am really enjoying your posts! You ARE quite a writer. I am filling in the blanks of Guelph life to my husband, Bob, and we are both laughing out loud at your descriptions of college life. Thanks!

EPC said...

So to punish them I paid all in quarters. Hee Hee Hee. They have awakened the beast within.

lolol