Sunday, September 18, 2011

news from the south

I don't have much news but Popop wanted a report! Classes are going fine but a lot of work. I've been going to Savannah to visit Adam most weekends but this weekend he visited here. We finally went to downtown Macon which was actually pretty nice, and found a mall nearby. We went to Atlanta for the day on Friday and went to two movies... Drive and The Help. Drive was way too violent for my taste... I almost left in the middle. The Help was great. The south is pretty much the north but everyone is a much nicer driver and cashiers call you "baby." I'm doing well. Time to watch the Emmys!

6 comments:

Brenda said...

I'll have to check out 'The Help"

Kamala! said...

I liked the Emmys! Downton Abbey was so great-glad it won so much. Especially Maggie Smith.

K2 said...

Do they call everyone baby? Or just young women?

EPC said...

just young women

Kamala! said...

Watching The Sing Off- an acappella competition on NBC-it's very fun. U of R has a group competing!

Sara said...

Dear Eliza, good to hear from you, Glad things are going well.

new photos on flickr.