Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Week 3

So, I honestly don't know what to write. Nothing seems good enough to write about. Shocking I know. It's just nothing has really happened besides school and Popop and Grandma coming to visit, but you already know about that. School has kept me pretty busy. Well actually more like just physics and chem. The lab for chem is 3 hours on Monday nights and my physics class is 3 hours Wednesday nights. I also started writing my quizzes for physics. The first quiz is due this Friday. For each quiz you get 3 tries. You must score at least an 8 to pass. The quizzes are only out of 10. If you get an 8 out of 10 it's an automatic 100. I believe. You get 20 minutes for each quiz. You have to take the quiz in a special room called the quiz room. After you have finished your quiz you can leave it in the box or go over it with a TA. I have taken the first quiz twice so far. The first time I did not pass. I sat with the TA to have it graded. He must of thought I was a complete idiot. I had to graph some waves which is not my strong suit. I took the quiz again yesterday. I was kind of worried and confident at the same time. I didn't have time to finish the last part of the last question, but I was confident with the questions I had completed. I wasn't able to sit with TA because I had to go to my first physics lab, but we'll get to that later. I asked the quiz room lady when the grades would be posted and she said by 5:30 that evening. Cliff hanger.
So after the quiz marissa, my roommate, and I went to do our physics lab. It was rather stressful. We had only an hour and a half to do the lab and calculations and if we don't finish on time we have to come back and do it all over again. I'll tell you know that we did finish. It was an acoustics lab so there was a lot of high pitched humming. I couldn't get the ringing to stop for like an hour after that. It's kinda hard to describe the lab so I'm not gonna even try. All you need to know is that we had to draw a graph and calculate the slope, percent error, and wavelength. There were two TA's in our lab. One was pretty chill and helped a lot if you needed it. The other was a little meaner, but I liked her. The other girl didn't like her because we asked for help on something kind of obvious and the TA sorta jumped down our throats. I liked her because she actually helped and I understood what she was saying. Our lab was from 2:30 to 4pm. We finished around 4:30 but they didn't seem to care that much because we were just doing the questions not the actual lab.
After the lab Marissa and I went to get an early dinner because we missed lunch. We went our separate ways after that. She went to the science atrium to study and I stayed in the room to study. I also took a shower which was very nice and it woke me up too. I have discovered that doing the readings for class aren't so tedious if you read them out loud in a different accent. At 10pm we had a house meeting. Apparently a lot of stuff has been going on around me that I had no idea was happening. Like people vomiting off the balconies and pancake batter being smeared all over our microwave room and the scariest one, which I did actually know about, peeping toms. Apparently someone downstairs left their blinds open and saw a guy standing there and he came up and started knocking on her door. We are now told to keep our doors locked because it isn't hard to get into the building because the door is open pretty much all the time. So now we keep our blinds closed 24/7 and only leave the door open when we are being social. Which for me isn't very often. I did make a friend in Italian though. Which is a nice segway into my next paragraph.
My first quiz for Italian is this Friday. I'm a little nervous. She's giving us the whole class for the quiz. Not to mention I have a math quiz right before that. It is gonna be grammarful and vocabful. Oh well.
So I guess I did have something to write about after all. I have decided that I am going to end this with a movie quote like Noah does because I have been craving LOTR. For those of you who don't know what that is immediately two things 1) for shame and 2) Lord of the Rings.
"A red sun rises, blood has been spilled this night."

PS I totally kicked butt on that physics quiz.

7 comments:

K2 said...

So, what accents are most stimulating?

Hannah said...

Does each class have its own accent? Is the accent for Italian something other than an Italian accent? Because I would find that confusing.

Jo rocks said...

Well I've tried many accents but the only one I'm halfway decent at is ... well actually I mostly try and mimic charlie and the doctor. I mostly use the same accent for each class except for Italian obviously. I use an american accent for that.

Sara said...

glad you did well on your physics quiz.
Do all the doctors have the same kind of accent?

Jo rocks said...

I meant from Doctor Who series 5 and 6.

Popop said...

Glad to hear you "kicked butt" in the physics quiz; you have your popop's genes. Good luck on the Italian; or, as we say in Florence: "Buona fortuna!"

Brenda said...

You are doing awesome, Jo!