Monday, May 5, 2008

Lexington Update

Jim saw the doctor for his follow up after his double hernia surgery last Saturday and all is well. He can now do all except lifting, so he goes back to work tomorrow. I have been sick for two days, but am also planning to return to work tomorrow. Eliza is home, having finished her semester. I am planning on going to a Reggio conference in Boulder at the end of June-the school will pay for the conference and I will pay hotel and airfare-am staying at the Boulderado, which should be fun. The conference is from 8-5 for three days and is an advanced Reggio workshop. I picked up my bangles that Uncle had remade for me in India and sent with friends to their son in Waltham, a very nice young man-they are a familiar weight on my wrist-really beautiful. Next Saturday I am going to a "Masters of Indian Percussion" concert at Harvard's Sander's Theatre, featuring Zakir Hussein (Is that right?-It's a familiar name), with Jonathan-it's his b-day gift from us-he was the only person I could think of that would be interested.

19 comments:

noah is the best said...

Zakir Hussein is really famous. His father was Allah Rakha, a famous sarod player. It's unusual for the son to play a different instrument. Sounds really great.

noah is the best said...

Actually, that was K2.

Kamala! said...

I thought so. The other names also seem familiar/famous-should be fun. The Sanders is a small theater all wood, beautiful and all the seats are good-I've seen YoYo , Leo Kottke (2X) and Spalding Grey there. The next week, I'm going to Carmina Burana w/ Cynth and Chuck there.

noah is the best said...

Just kidding, it actually was Noah.

Popop said...

Well, Noah beat me to it (about Zakir, that is). Glad to hear that Jim is doing well.

Susanna Chhibber said...

Hey that was a good one Noah!!!

K2 said...

Noah wouldn't know Zakir from Saddam.

Popop said...

I am surprised that I did not notice the mistake in Noah's message earlier. Zakir is not the son of Alla Rakha (or is it Raka?). Also, Alla Rakha was one of the greatest tabla players and not a sarod player. So there, Noah!

K2 said...

Ok, ok. Zakir IS the son of Allah Rakha. But Allah Rakha is a tabla player. I get him confused with Ali Akbar Khan. Sorry.

Kamala! said...

My goodness! I certainly didn't mean to start a huge, acrimonious battle that will no doubt be the end of all harmonious relationships between Popop, Noah and Kalyani. I promise not to enjoy the concert.

noah is the best said...

Obama's middle name is Hussein. Is he related? What about the late King Hussein of Jordan?

elm said...

The Reggio conference sounds really good. I remember the looks of the Boulderado, I believe it is the best hotel in Boulder. I'm glad you have the opportunity to go!

K2 said...

Reggio is a famous baseball player.

Chandran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chandran said...

Are you sure you're not thinking of Biaggio?

Kamala! said...

What the heck are you thinking? (I would say "what the hell" but I realise there are young children reading this site) Reggio Lewis is a famous sport person af some sort.He's bringing all his friends and it should be fun!
Actually, it's the town in Italy that I went to a couple of years ago that has an extraordinary early ed. program.
Am excited to go to Boulder although rising at dawn is not my idea of a good time.

noah is the best said...

I was going to make an extremely inappropriate joke about Reggio and baseball player steroid abuse and rising at dawn, but I will not.

K2 said...

I meant Reggio Giovannifiglio.

elm said...

I think this takes the cake for the most comments ever. (Where does 'take the cake' come from?