Monday, May 12, 2008

My Observations While Studying in the Engineering Library

My friend and I decided that it would be a good idea to leave the dorm and study in a library. Neither of us have done this before. We went to the various libraries and found that, because it is exam season, there aren't available seats. Being an engineer, he suggested we try his library. I was skeptical because, at least in my mind, an engineering library is likely to be the most crowded place ever. We managed to find an open table, and have been studying for an hour or so. I got bored.

I will be honest, the kids here don't seem to be party-goers. The kid next to my friend is studying for his 600 level calc exam. This other kid is passed out and judging by his appearance he has been here several weeks.


This is a picture that I took with the camera in my computer of the various Indian kids around me. They are from all over the subcontinent, though I'm pretty sure they all grew up somewhere in Jersey.

Also, Greg Strable, Brockport High School's class of 2006 valedictorian, is here. He isn't an engineer, but his frat house is basically across the street.

If anyone knows anything about monopsonistic markets and how a mandated wage affects employment levels please let me know before 9:00 am tomorrow because I have no idea what's going on.

Thanks,

Noah

5 comments:

K2 said...

Nice picture. How was the exam?

Popop said...

I know all about the two topics you mentioned but, unfortunately, did not see your blog until it was too late. I am glad to hear that engineering students at Cornell actually know where the library is and are using it.

noah is the best said...

Monopsony was a big theme on the test. I'm not really sure how it went. Our first exam I thought went well and I got a B. The second exam I thought was terrible, but I ended up with an A-. This was a mix between the two, so who knows where it'll end up.

K2 said...

I looked it up. Are you expected to know differential equations?

noah is the best said...

Not at this level. I might be if I take intermediate, though.