Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Italy

The place were we stayed in Italy last time, Villa Tafania, Is not big enough for us all. The Woman who owns Villa Tafania also has a place in the Village of Barberino. This place sleeps 16 and looks wonderful.
Janice has found another place also between Florence and Siena in the Chianti region. that also looks wonderful. There are good things about both places. Kalyani and I were wondering if the village house may be more fun.. I would also like to know what the kids think about it.
Here are some photos of both places with their web sites

This is the Palazzetto in Barberino




You can check it out at two web sites. the first one shows a floor plan the second one has more images

http://www.trustandtravel.com/en/barberino/barberino.html

http://www.yourtuscany.com/barberino_il_palazzo_96/

The next one is the Podere Felceto



http://www.italyfarmholidays.com/regions/farms/t35.htm

10 comments:

Kamala! said...

As I told Sara-I like the idea of staying in Barbareno. I would like to be able to walk to places like the butcher's or the wine bar or the cafe, and have the older kids be able to go out to drink lots of caffeine on their own(on the other hand, 3 of them will be legal for the wine bar, so maybe not) and it looks quite beautiful. However, the other place looks quite nice as well.

SamsHome?! said...

I think it sounds pretty good, and Im sure eliza and noah agree with me.

K2 said...

I favor Barbarino. We drove through the other town last time, and it was beautiful, but I think you couldn't get to Firenze/Siena without transfering. Barbarino is right on the bus route between them. And that beautiful church was closed

Sara said...

So should we see if the Palazetto is available?
What do you think Janice?

noah is the best said...

I'm for Barbarino. It was nice the last time and the food was good. Except the bread, I have no idea what the Tuscans are thinking.

Also, I agree with Sam. Isn't there no drinking age, though? Shouldn't everyone down to Nick and Laura be able to drink? Wouldn't that be funny if they did?

Your thoughts?

noah is the best said...

Also, I think we could call it "very very underage drinking"

elm said...

Yes, I think Barberino sounds good, and we are in agreement. Now, dates?
We are available whenever. We need to hear from school schedules. Will we be there for xmas? Could we see if we could do 23rd - 30th? I think the Sat to Sat. would not be convenient, but that is what they say the rental dates are for.

EPC said...

i'll be almost legal in america too wooooo

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

the 23 to the 30th sounds good to me. Do you think the public school vacation will be from December 24 to January 5th? So even if we had to do Saturday to Saturday we could get it from the 12/27 to 1/3 and do the Rome thing before. If Chiara gets in to private school then I don’t think we will be very flexible as they usually get a full two weeks for Christmas.